Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Glen Garioch 15 Years Old

So I've been in search of a place in the Cambridge/Somerville/Boston area that might have Highland Park available. I've been curious, so if you know of someplace, let me know. But I digress.

In my search (and desire for shellfish) I walked into the Legal Seafoods near work. They didn't have Highland Park, but they did have Glen Garioch 15 year, which I hadn't tried before and since 15 year scotches have been my thing lately, I decided to have a go.

I have to say, that I was a bit disappointed. I found the taste jagged yet strangely flat. That is to say, it was harsher on my palate that what I would have expected, and the flavors tended to hide behind that. I decided that I didn't like it enough that I wouldn't give it a second drink, which is a habit of mine, just to make sure. Some of the flavors, the earthiness, the spice, seemed to fade a bit too quickly. Felt more perfume-like, like a big shy child not comfortable in the spotlight of our attentions.

No comments: