A birthday present and what a present. Thank you, John. I've taken it out for a spin a couple of times, inviting John for both and the Good Reverend for one.
This is the second Irish single malt I've tried and the one that introduced me truly to the idea of a vintage whiskey. This expression of the Knappogue Castle series uses Bushmills malt, from what I understand.
It has an almost distressingly pale color, almost lager-ish in tone. The flavor is light and sweet, almost like a white wine. Refreshing is probably a good word to describe it. It's flowery overtones reminds me of a peach-flavored Japanese candy I used to enjoy as a kid. It lingers long enough not to be annoying yet appreciable.
The wine shop on the corner where John purchased it only has the 1995 now, but I'm curious, so I'm hoping someone will spring and host a tasting.
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment