Monday, June 22, 2009
It's been a while
and while I haven't had much to add I will update. As I'm getting ready to move, I polished off that bottle of Knappogue Castle 1994 and Old Potrero 18th Century Style Whiskey. Both were fine bottles, but optimism for the future has not let me get too down about that. One of my roommates recently went to Ireland to retrace his roots and brought back a little bottle of Powers Irish Whiskey to sample from. Now the place down the street carries Powers, and I found that I enjoyed this one quite a bit. I like Jameson and I do like Bushmills, but I did find that I found Powers to be a solid whiskey in that class and at a cheaper price (it's $23 compared to the slightly higher Bushmills and the slightly higher than that Jameson). I tend to find Irish whiskey is a nice compromise for me since I tend to find myself not wanting to tie myself down to a scotch or a bourbon for my "regular" drink and enjoy Irish whiskey because it sort of sits in the middle for me. Also a dollar less than the Famous Grouse and definitely cheaper than the Makers Mark level bourbon, so I think I found a nice inexpensive whiskey so long as I continue to work where I do which is convenient to this liquor store (where I'm moving, the town doesn't allow hards sells).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment