Saturday, December 5, 2009

Turning 40 and a Revisit

So last night, I went for a couple of drinks after practice to celebrate my impending 40th birthday. One of my friends, looking at the menu and hearing me say that I had had Crown Royal on my 21st birthday and not since, should revisit this particular offering. So I did. I will start by saying that I have not had Canadian whiskey since I was in my early 20's, not for any particular reason. So I ordered one.

Overall, I found Crown Royal to be not particularly exciting, but not bad either. It is, as I was told when I was 21, a good starter whiskey. Not harsh, a little silky in a subdued kind of way, not complex. It is what it is--a Chevy amongst whiskeys. I wouldn't go out of my way to order it, but if you're new to whiskey, it's not bad as training wheels go.

No comments: